Oct. 21

Filed Under (), (), (), () on Thursday, October 23, 2008



This is me and my Pooka. I have three kitties (Pooka, Higgy, and Elizabeth), but Pooka's the expensive one. He had bladder stones about 2.5 years ago and required (expensive) surgery. Yes, we had surgery on our kitty. If you knew Pooka, you would too. He also has diabetes. And yes, he gets daily insulin shots. So, Pooka Bear (his nickname) gets a needle with one unit of insulin a day. Poor Pooka.

I took this photo because we were going to the vet. Every three months, we take him to check his sugar levels to make sure his healthy. His weight was down, from 14.2 lbs to 13.14 lbs. Yea Pooka! Weight played a HUGE role in his diagnosis, so having him loose weight is good. He's still on the insulin, but he's healthy and that's all that matters.

Comments:

Total (2) Comments posted for Oct. 21

  1. I love your hair color.
    Sorry to hear about the kitty illness!

  2. Thanks! I just dyed it last weekend, so it still looks good. LOL!

    It's ok. Pooka's had diabetes for two years now. He's doing really, really well, so it's not too bad. Expensive, but not bad. ;-)